Applications now open for the Hatfield Community Sports Fund
Sports clubs and organisations in Hatfield can now apply to the Hatfield Community Sports fund for initiatives that support the funds core strategic goal to provide sustainable sport in Hatfield.
The fund is also designed to:
- Create opportunities for young people to play sport
- Develop existing sport in Hatfield
- Get under-represented groups involved in sport in Hatfield
The Hatfield Community Sports Fund is accepting applications from now through to 31 March. There are two elements to the fund:
· The Small Grants Project and Equipment Fund - applications must be for between £10,000 and £49,999 and the total project costs must not exceed £150,000.
· The sports specific major capital fund - this fund is specifically ring-fenced to football and rugby and applications must have support from their national governing body of either Herts FA or the Rugby Union (RFU)
Councillor Terry Mitchinson, Executive Member Leisure, Culture and Communications, said:
We want to build a culture of sport in Hatfield, accessible to everyone. The Hatfield Community Sports Fund aims to do this by creating opportunities for people to play sport, encouraging young people and under-represented groups to get involved too. Who knows, we may even help to nurture some future sports stars too!
Applications for the Hatfield Community Sports Fund can be made three times a year: January to March, with awards made in April, May to July with awards in August and September to November with awards in December.
For further information and to apply see the Hatfield Community Sports Fund page on the council's website at https://www.welhat.gov.uk/hcsf.