Leader of the Council confirmed
Councillor Tony Kingsbury was confirmed as Leader of Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council at the Annual Council meeting last night (Monday 20 May).
Following the results of the elections on Thursday 2 May, it was confirmed that the Conservatives would lead a minority administration for the next municipal year. Councillor Duncan Bell will also remain Deputy Leader. The council's Cabinet remains unchanged, and comprises:
· Cllr Tony Kingsbury - Leader of the Council
· Cllr Duncan Bell - Deputy Leader and Executive Member, Resources
· Cllr Nick Pace - Executive Member, Housing and Community
· Cllr Stephen Boulton - Executive Member, Environment and Planning
· Cllr Fiona Thomson - Executive Member, Governance and Public Health
· Cllr Terry Mitchinson - Executive Member, Leisure, Culture and Communications
· Cllr Bernard Sarson - Executive Member, Regeneration, Economic Development and Partnerships
Other committees will be represented in proportion to total seats on the council after the recent elections (Con 23, Lab 13, Lib Dem 12).
At the meeting, Councillor Roger Trigg was appointed Mayor of Welwyn Hatfield for 2019/20, and Councillor Peter Hebden Deputy Mayor.
Councillor Tony Kingsbury said:
Over the next 12 months my Cabinet and I will work closely and constructively with our Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem peers to make the best decisions for our communities, and the people who live and work in Welwyn Hatfield.
This is an opportunity for all parties to work together to continue to provide the best possible services to our residents and businesses, and I look forward to continuing as Leader of the Council to ensure we deliver on this promise.