Age UK Hertfordshire
Age UK exists to promote the wellbeing of all older people and to help make later life in Hertfordshire a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Age UK Hertfordshire is a local independent charity working to support over 10,000 people each year. Our strategic objectives are to alleviate loneliness and isolation, tackle poverty and inequalities and build resilience within communities across Hertfordshire. We do not work outside the county boundaries.
We provide a range of services such as...
· Information & Advice - including benefit entitlement and Lasting Powers of Attorney
· 18 Lunch Clubs / Day Centres - for a hot meal and social activities
· A Visiting Scheme - for those feeling isolated
· A Telephone Befriending Service - for those who do not want to receive a visitor
· A free confidential, emotional support line - for those experiencing bereavement or struggling with a health issue
· A Help in the Home and Carers' Break Service
· We work in partnership with Hertswise - a Community Dementia Service; the Hospital & Community Navigation Service and the Nutrition and Dietetics Service.
Our mission is, quite simply, to help improve the lives of older people in Hertfordshire
Please get in touch to find out more about our services or how we can help you or a loved one!
Registered Charity Number: 1116662