Grass Cutting and Mini-meadows
Our maintenance teams are cutting grass as usual this summer - there has been no reduction in the number of cuts scheduled for 2021.
The recent wet and warm weather has led to increased growth. The grass is long and growing quickly so, despite our best efforts, may not look its best until after more than one cut.
Grass is cut using mowers and obstacles, including posts, trees, street name plates, are strimmed around.
It takes between 15 and 21 days for the team to complete one cut across all of Welwyn Hatfield.
Over the last three years we have introduced several wildflower/wild grass areas across the borough to create a more natural environment and attract bees, butterflies and other pollinating insects.
Look out for the signs marking our mini meadows at:
- Southway, Hatfield
- Great North Road, Ayot Green
- Waterside, Welwyn Garden City
- Stanborough Green, Welwyn Garden City
- The Ridgeway, Welwyn Garden City
- Woodhall Park, Welwyn Garden City
- Bridge Road, (between council offices and Waitrose), Welwyn Garden City