The Wellness Community Fund
Organisations across Welwyn Hatfield can now apply for a grant from the new Wellness Community Fund.
The grant can be used towards community engagement and outreach work that helps to improve mental and physical wellbeing and/or reduces health inequalities in the community, especially for health issues impacted by the spread of coronavirus.
Applications to the fund are especially welcomed for initiatives that engage with residents to understand barriers and increase awareness of the benefits of activities that contribute to physical and mental wellbeing.
Organisations can apply to the fund for a grant of up to £5,000. It is preferred that applications are submitted by 31 July 2022. However, applications received after this date may* still be considered
Applications will be prioritised for projects that demonstrate compelling and encouraging ways to:
• Improve outreach of public health messages into communities where interaction with health services is lower.
• Raise awareness of the ongoing prevalence of Covid-19 and how we can reduce the spread.
• Tackle misinformation about vaccines and increase trust around vaccine safety.
• Overcome barriers to accessing health services including language, location and transport.
• Support to encourage residents to manage their own health and wellbeing, including access to the right information and support to stay healthy.
*The funding available is capped and applications should be submitted as soon as possible. For further information and to apply go to the council's website.