New Guidance for Face Coverings
In line with the new government rules, people will have to wear a face covering when they are using any form of public transport, or when they are going to hospital for an appointment or to visit somebody.
The government has also recommended that face coverings should be worn in enclosed spaces, such as shops, where it isn't possible to maintain a 2 metre distance between people.
How to safely use a face covering
- Wash your hands before and after using the covering.
- The covering should closely cover your chin, mouth and nose.
- Remove by the ears - avoid touching the front.
- Store used face coverings in a plastic bag.
- Wash after each use with other laundry.
Face coverings should not be used by children under the age of three or people with breathing problems.