Indoor fun this Easter
This probably isn't the Easter weekend you had in mind, but here we are, so let's just make the best of it. There's loads of great ideas out there to keep the kids entertained at home and keep everyone safe. Here's a few of our favourites.
· make an Easter card - when we can't be with our loved ones, receiving a homemade card in the post is a special way to let them know you're thinking of them.
· Easter egg hunt - hide eggs around the house and garden, if you have one, and see who finds the most. A bit of competitive spirit is a great way to burn off some energy!
· egg and spoon race - maybe boil the egg first as it could get messy (!) or substitute with a small potato.
· build a den - try to ignore the mess and just go with it.
· bake something yummy - Easter is a time for sweet treats like Simnel cake and chocolate nests.
· painted eggs - these are fun, easy to do and don't need any special decorating kits - just some food colouring, feltips, crayons and a sprinkling of imagination!
· online dance videos - there's lots of online dance channels to keep them bouncing to bed time.
· watch a film - after all that bouncing, it must be quiet time, so sink into the sofa with your chocolate eggs and enjoy a family favourite together (or have a sneaky snooze!)
Wishing you a very happy, healthy, stay-at-home Easter.