Supporting Ukraine

Advice, support, and how you can help

The GOV.UK website has advice for people moving to the UK from Ukraine.


Ukrainian families - things you might need
(Допомога українським родинам)

Visit the Hertfordshire County Council website for information about moving to the area.


How people in Welwyn Hatfield can help

Financial donations are an efficient and effective way to support those in need.

A number of charities and organisations are providing much needed humanitarian aid in Ukraine. Your donation will be used to reach people in urgent need and help provide food, first aid, clean water, warm clothing and medicines.

The Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal

Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain

The UN Refugee Agency


Apply to be a sponsor

The government has launched the Homes for Ukraine scheme where people can register their interest in supporting Ukrainians fleeing the war.

The scheme will match people, charities, businesses and community groups to Ukrainians who do not have family ties to the UK.

For more information on ways you can help those affected by the war in Ukraine visit Hertfordshire County Council's website or email

If you are sponsor/host enquiring about payments for housing refugees, please email the dedicated inbox at