The Hive T&Cs
This policy applies to The Hive @ Jim McDonald Centre which is owned and funded by Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council. Our facilities include Studio, Sports Hall, Dining Room, Lounge and
Freddie's Den soft play area. The Hive @ Jim McDonald Centre acts as the 'Data Controller' and this policy describes how we capture and use the personal information and data that we collect about our customers. We want you to know exactly what kind of information we collect about you and how we use it because we are committed to protect and respect your privacy. For additional information see the council's Privacy Notice.
Why we collect information?
- We collect information for the following purposes:
- To inform you about upcoming events, and special offers.
- To notify you of any changes to our services, website, events or cancellations.
- To gather statistics about how our customers and card holders use our services. The data we collect and analyse assist us in spotting trends, in understanding our customers and their needs better, in order to improve our services that would be most beneficial for our customers and business.
- To respond to any social media posts or public comments our customers might make regarding events, activities and decisions at The Hive @ Jim McDonald Centre.
- To assist you in recognising your username and password, as well as resetting them in case forgotten.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about The Hive @ Jim McDonald Centre services. Such participation is always optional.
- To fulfil your booking or order.
- For fraud prevention.
We may collect information when:
- Registering you as a client on our system.
- You fill in forms and surveys. This includes but not limited to when you sign up to offers, attending the The Hive @ the Jim McDonald Centre, party food orders, membership application or give us feedback on an event you attended. Such information when you apply online for our services may include your IP address, location and date and time stamp.
- You send us emails.
- Interacting with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- You talk to our Staff about your observations or complaints or making or enquiring about an order.
- Registering accounts on our websites, including setting up passwords, address and contact details and preferences or interests.
- You buy a package from on our website and through your account from our till sales points. These include your name, time, date and location of purchase; the products you ordered from us; any relevant delivery address; any vouchers, coupons or other payment type you may use. However please note we do not keep your payment cards details on our system.
- We use online networks like Google and Facebook analytics and advertisements placements. The information we get does not allow us to identify you individually but summarises the actions of customers. It relates to what you view, click on and access through websites in their network, including the subject matter of the site you started at and which sites you go to after that. It may also include their analysis of your online behaviour across the wider internet and a profile of you. If you do not want this, you should look for ‘settings’ and Do Not Track options in online advertisements and in the privacy and cookies functions on your devices. You should also consider changing your settings to block third-party cookies in particular. The Hive @ the Jim McDonald Centre does not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share your information with third parties except in circumstances where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data. This would only be to comply with any legal obligation or respond to a request from the government or a regulatory body, e.g. when required to perform a search on our system in cases of a missing person or murder investigation or to our software or payment card processing provider when investigating any disputed order or payment claims and discrepancies from you.
Updating your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. We strive to ensure the information we have about you is up to date. However, there are cases when you move house, in such circumstances we advise you to update your information online on your account. Alternatively, you can contact us via email if you want us to update your data for you.
Your right to opt out or to be erased
Whenever you receive any communications from us by email you will be told how to opt out or can contact us on 01707 270066 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to opt out, The Hive @ Jim McDonald Centre will cease sending you emails as specified. Also, if you want data we hold about you removed from our system please email email@example.com and we will erase your data.