Helping vulnerable young people within Welwyn Hatfield.
Positive Pathways is a project, funded by Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner and YC Hertfordshire to help young people within the borough who are vulnerable and who may be:
- Involved in or at risk of becoming involved in ASB
- Associating with people who are involved with ASB
- Presenting challenging behaviour at home or school
- Struggling with personal or circumstantial issues
- Known or suspected of carrying a knife, abusing drugs or dependent on alcohol.
The Positive Pathways Worker will engage with young people and their families to agree an action plan which will support them as individuals in choosing a positive path in life.
The Worker will identify their needs and discuss which local services can best support them, how they can access this support and work to remove potential barriers to accessing services and or diversionary activities and will support the family in achieving positive outcomes for their young person.
Referrals can be made from schools, local agencies families and by young people self-referring. To make a referral for a young person or for yourself, please use the link below.