Helping vulnerable young people within Welwyn Hatfield.
Positive Pathways is a project, funded by Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner and YC Hertfordshire to help young people within the borough who are vulnerable and who may be:
- Involved in or at risk of becoming involved in ASB
- Associating with people who are involved with ASB
- Presenting challenging behaviour at home or school
- Struggling with personal or circumstantial issues
- Known or suspected of carrying a knife, abusing drugs or dependent on alcohol.
The Positive Pathways Worker will engage with young people and their families to agree an action plan which will support them as individuals in choosing a positive path in life.
The Worker will identify their needs and discuss which local services can best support them, how they can access this support and work to remove potential barriers to accessing services and or diversionary activities and will support the family in achieving positive outcomes for their young person.
Please note, the funding for this project has now ended and we are no longer able to take on new referrals at this stage ourselves. If you are concerned about a young person please now make a referral to YC Hertfordshire:
Should you have an urgent concern about a young person, or you are a young person being harmed, please contact Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children's Board on 0300 123 4043, or in an emergency call 999.