Our progress - Transport
- We continue to maximise our charging provision within the borough with a recent funding award to provide up to 105 charging units which will allow another 192 charge points. The use of these chargers has saved a whopping 70.5 tonnes of CO2.
- We have applied for government funding for over 40 additional new EV charging points, which are planned across the borough over the coming year.
- One tree is being planted for every charging unit with an addition of two trees for every tonne of carbon saved.
- Our Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan is being implemented with new cycle lanes and walking routes being trailed across the borough.
- Low energy LED lighting is being installed in our car parks to reduce consumption.